Immune Boosting Hot Cocoa
Hot Cocoa! It brings warm memories of snow days, winter play, and the cozy moments after the chill – enjoying a hot cup filled to the brim!
Try this creamy, chocolatey, healthier immune-boosting version – you AND the kids will enjoy! Promise!
This hot cocoa brings together powerful herbs with yummy chocolate to create a delicious remedy to keep you well during the winter months.
The powerful herb ingredient I use is called “6 Mushroom Blend”, a blend of mushrooms including Reishi, Codyceps, Turkey Tail, Lions Mane, Artist Conk and Chaga. Available Here
You can also purchase any organic powdered mushroom blend or use a single mushroom powder, like Reishi in this recipe.
Medicinal mushrooms are powerful adaptagens. They help the nervous system by reducing stress, increasing focus and optimizing energy. They also improve immunity to help the body resist cold and flu virus, as well as upper respiratory infections. They are amazing herbs which help support a healthy immune system.
Everyone loves Chocolate! Did you know in its raw cocoa form, it also contains antioxidants, balances cholesterol levels, relieves depression, lowers blood pressure, and even helps to manage obesity!
Enjoy! And stay well this Winter!
Ingredients: (Two Servings)
· 2 cups organic milk (you can use organic whole milk, almond milk, or coconut milk)
· 3 tbs organic dark chocolate cocoa powder
· 2-4 tsp 6 Mushroom Blend (or some blend of organic Mushroom powder)
· 2 pitted Medjool dates
· Pinch of sea salt
· 1 teaspoon cocoa nibs or shaved dark chocolate
1. Whisk together the milk, hot chocolate powder, and mushroom powder.
2. Heat in a saucepan on low-medium heat until just about to simmer.
3. Remove from heat. Pour in blender and add two dates. Blend until thick and creamy.
4. Pour the hot cocoa into cups and sprinkle chocolate on top.
*Avoid if you have mushroom allergies